When you know this, you can then choose a model of smoke detector that is made by that brand so that you can rest assured you are truly getting something that is indeed high-quality and able to last for quite a while. Currently, there are two popular brands of smoke detector on the market: First Alert and Kidde, and in this guide, we will take a look at two of the top-rated models from each of these brands so that you can decide which one, if any, will be the ideal choice for you.
First Alert is by far one of the most popular and best smoke detector brands on the market. As a result, it has various models that are high-quality and that are built to last for quite a while. Two of their most popular smoke detector models are:
- First Alert SC7010B—This smoke detector needs to be hardwired into your home or business, but that shouldn’t be a problem if you have knowledge of electrical circuits or if you are able to hire someone who does.
- It can detect both smoke and carbon monoxide, therefore it serves dual purposes to help keep you safe. You can purchase this smoke detector individually or in a set of 2, 4, 6, or 12 detectors, depending on how many you need and what your preferences are. When the batteries are about to go out in this device, it will give off a signal to alert you to this fact.
- You get two AA batteries when you purchase this smoke detector, so it should function from the moment that you install it, and the batteries will act as a backup in the event that the power in your home or business goes out.
One of the main features that seems to attract users to this smoke/carbon monoxide detector is the fact that it is very easy to install. Of course, users also like the combination function that this device offers (smoke detector and carbon monoxide detector).
- First Alert SA720CN—The bright escape light on this smoke detector lets you see clearly whether it is working, and it seems to do well in areas where a lot of cooking is done. The silence/test button on this device is very easy to use, and the 85-decibel alarm is loud enough that anyone should be able to hear it no matter where they are. Since there is a side drawer for you to put the batteries in, the battery should be easier to install than it normally would be with a standard smoke alarm.
- The missing battery guard won’t allow the smoke detector to be installed when there is no battery in place, and since it is tamper-resistant, you don’t have to worry about someone intentionally trying to break it.
Several users like the easy installation associated with this smoke detector, as well as the fact that the light is very easy to spot in the dark. Of course, they also like the fact that it reduces the number of false alarms that are produced due to smoke being generated in the kitchen while cooking.
Another popular brand of smoke detector is Kidde, and it, too, has some pretty amazing models. Here are the top two smoke detector models that Kidde produces, and the benefits they offer:
- Kidde KN-COSM-BA—This smoke detector has a talking alarm function on it, so even if you don’t hear the initial beeping alarm, you will definitely hear the voice talking to you in the event of a fire. The battery safeguard on this unit prevents you from being able to install the device when the battery is missing, so you don’t have to worry about potentially jeopardizing those in your home or business by forgetting to install batteries.
- The test reset button allows you to test the alarm and trigger the voice alarm as well so you can know what it sounds like in the event that you ever hear it. This unit also has a combination smoke and carbon monoxide detector, which should keep you doubly safe.
Many online reviews indicate that users like the low profile, attractive design of this smoke detector. They also like the easy installation and the fact that it will talk to you to alert you to danger.
- Kidde i9040 Fire Sentry—This smoke detector runs on a 9-volt battery, which means that it is quite powerful. The battery is included when you purchase it, so you don’t have to go out and spend any extra money just to use this.
- The test button on this unit will test the alarm function of the smoke detector so you can make sure it is functioning properly, and since it has a discreet design, it shouldn’t take up too much space in your home or business, and you don’t have to worry about it not looking attractive or sticking out like a sore thumb. Finally, this unit is very easy to install, so just about anyone can do it.
Users like the overall ease of use associated with this particular smoke detector. They also like the way in which this smoke detector works, keeping everyone in the building or in a given area perfectly safe.
Now that you know which two brands are the best on the market, it’s just a matter of choosing one. Pick one of these four smoke detector models today and see the ways in which you will be benefitted by them.